Hanen – It Takes Two to Talk
WHAT: The Hanen Parent Program, IT TAKES TWO TO TALK, is designed to help parents gain a better understanding of how children 0-4 develop language and to empower caregivers with useful strategies to help facilitate language development.
WHO: IT TAKES TWO TO TALK is for the parents/caregivers of children who have a language delay ranging from using no language to those who are beginning to use two word combinations.
COST: FREE for Strong Start Families / Pro-rated for Community Families at discounted rate
WHEN: Wednesdays, 7:00-9:00 pm / Light Refreshments will be provided!
ITTT Program Includes:
- Orientation Meeting
- An opportunity to learn about the Hanen approach from a Hanen-certified Speech Language Pathologist.
- Information about whether this program may be a good fit for you, your child, and your family.
- An opportunity to meet other parents who may be sharing a similar experience.
- Light refreshments will be provided!
- Please note that orientation is for parents only, and registration is required.
- 1 Individual Pre-Program Consultation
- 8 Group Training Sessions
- 2 Individual Family Consultations With Video Feedback
For more information or to register for orientation, please contact us here
Look what parents are saying about the Hanen program at Conaboy & Associates:
”It has made a huge difference in our ability to communicate effectively with our son and his ability to communicate effectively with us and others.”
“Hanen provides very helpful strategies for incorporating ways to learn language through every day activities and to make it fun.”
“I grew a lot as a parent, and my son grew as a communicator.”
“I am much more patient and aware of ways to better facilitate interaction and communication with my son.”
“I think it’s a wonderful program and my husband and I learned so much. I love the small group setting which facilitates sharing experiences, questions and ideas.”
“Both the music and book sessions were my favorite. Those were already two of my favorite activities with my son and this gave me so many other ideas and strategies.”
Registration open and spaces are limited! See current flyer and brochure for further details and considering sharing with your colleagues, neighbors, and list serves.